Annual Event - 15th November
Places now limited - book soon!
In 2018, our Annual Event will take place on Thursday 15th November. For the first time, it will be a full day event, and include a choice of workshops in the afternoon.
Multiple Needs and Mental Health - Meeting the Challenge
System Change is about changing the whole multiple needs system rather than the traditional approach of changing a single component within it. This requires focus on the connections and the relationships between agencies and the people within them – and how they in turn relate to people with multiple needs.
Mental health services have an important part to play in this approach. Poor mental health can lead to, or increase the impact of other complex needs.
The agenda for the day will focus predominantly on the impact of poor mental health within the context of other multiple needs, and includes:
- A short film about mental health support in Nottingham City - specifically for those facing multiple needs
- A summary of the Opportunity Nottingham midway evaluation report (Dr. Graham Bowpitt, Nottingham Trent University)
- The Impact of Prison on Mental Health and Homelessness (Peer Researchers and Nottingham Trent University)
- The Mental Health Needs of Nottingham's Homeless Population – (Sheffield Hallam University - report commissioned by Nottingham City CCG)
- Homelessness and Mental Ill Health – a workshop facilitated by John Conolly
- Maintaining well-being and developing resilience when working with people experiencing multiple needs – a workshop facilitated by Framework
The event will finish with the launch of the Nottingham City System Change Challenge. A crucial peice of work that will require support and participation from partners and organisations across Nottingham. A link to the challenge will be added here shortly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You can book your place here.