Key Learning Event
Our Key Learning Event 'Opportunity Nottingham – Two Years On' took place at Nottingham Conference Centre on Friday 7th October. During the event, we discussed key findings from the first two years of the project, and also heard from a number of Guest Speakers.
Counsellor Alex Norris delivered the opening address for the event, whilst Dr Graham Bowpitt (Nottingham Trent University) discussed findings from our local evaluation, and Laura Furness, Head of Funding (Multiple and Complex Needs) from the Big Lottery Fund discussed the national picture.
Key points discussed during the event included:
- What works for Opportunity Nottingham Beneficiaries
- What barriers exist and how system change can overcome them
- The role of peer research in understanding multiple needs
- Making the economic case for change
- Multiple needs and diversity
- How Nottingham compares with the national picture
- Developing joined up practice across the city
- How can we achieve system change.
The event agenda was based on findings from our Year Two Report, Changing lives, changing systems.