PDU - Learning Opportunities!
The Practice Development Unit (PDU) is run by Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service in partnership with Opportunity Nottingham.
The PDU offers a range of learning events relating specifically to multiple disadvantage; and the associated causes, challenges and needs. Previous events have included:
- What makes a good hostel?
- What is Housing First?
- Understanding Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS)
- Hoarding awareness
- Implementing Psychologically Informed Environments (PIEs)
- Women with complex needs.
Events are FREE. Up to date information and booking details can be found on the PDU online hub.
The online hub, also houses the latest research and information on work within the field of multiple disadvantage, ranging from academic papers to national reports.
Hoarding Framework Awareness Training Workshop
Friday 22 November 2019. 10am to 1pm
NCVS, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB
Agencies in Nottinghamshire County and Nottingham City have signed up to the Nottinghamshire Hoarding Framework as a toolkit for working together to support the community. The workshop is for professionals who cross the thresholds of people's homes, and will consider why people hoard, the agencies involved and their roles.
Introduction to Multiple Disadvantage
Wednesday 27 November 2019. 1pm to 3pm
Venue to be confirmed (it will be a central Nottingham location)
Service users who are facing a combination of problems such as mental ill health, homelessness, offending and substance misuse, often have a harder time accessing services, and getting the support they need. The professionals supporting them can become burnt out as they try to navigate systems and services that are not designed to meet service user needs.
The workshop agenda will explore the below:
- What causes multiple disadvantage and how misunderstanding its causes can lead to stigma and exclusion
- How it feels to face multiple disadvantage
- How services can work more successfully with people facing multiple disadvantage
- Why system change is so important in improving outcomes for people facing multiple disadvantage.
* (If you do not already have a free PDU account you will need to sign up to access the site. It's free, quick and easy to do).