The Practice Development Unit (PDU) is a Partnership between Opportunity Nottingham and Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service.
It is a learning and information resource for workers (at all levels) supporting people experiencing multiple and complex needs* within Nottingham. The unit 'hub' will be an online platform which will be launched in March 2018. This platform will host documents, publications and papers in relation to various Work Streams, which for launch will include:
- Psychologically Informed Approaches
- Novel Psychoactive Substances
- Service-User Participation
- Housing First
- Women with Complex Needs.
There will also be regular learning events and communities of practice will be encouraged. Further information on the PDU can be found on the leaflet link at the bottom of this page.
All PDU events will be listed on this page prior to the launch of the online platform.
Current upcoming events include:
- A Gender Responsive Approach to Service Provision: 11th January 2018 (Nottingham Mechanics Building)
- Good Practice in Service-User Involvement: 17th January 2018 (NCVS)
- Developing Housing First in Nottingham: 30th January 2018 (NCVS)
- The Care Act Community of Practice: 15th March 2018 (NCVS)
- PIE Action Learning Set: April 2018
To register your interest in any of the above events, or to find out more about the PDU, email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Opportunity Nottingham defines multiple and complex needs as homelessness, substance misuse, mental ill health and offending. Beneficiaries of Opportunity Nottingham experience at least 3 out of the 4 needs.